It’s time to meet the next member of the Highstream team. We sat down with Alan, who joined the team as a IT Support Technician. Alan, who was a Lance Corporal in the army for ten years before deciding on a career change, supports our clients on a range of projects.
- Tell us about your role at Highstream?
My role is 1st/2nd Line Technical Support to Highstream’s wide range of customers
- What projects do you looking forward to getting stuck into?
I enjoy setting up IT infrastructure for our new and existing customers.
- What did you study at university/college?
I completed a 2 year college course which included Microsoft Certified Desktop Support and an IPRO level 2 General IT Practitioner qualification.
- How did you discover Highstream?
I discovered Highstream on LinkedIn, I applied and was successful at the interview.
- Where do you see Highstream being in the next five years?
I see Highstream doubling or even trebling our customer base in the coming years. The team does such a professional job for its clients going above and beyond to get the job done. I’m excited to be a part of Highstream’s growth!
- What’s the Highstream team like?
The team are a great, friendly bunch who get on well and can be ourselves. We’ve got each other’s backs learn a lot from each other.
- Do you have any pets?
I have a cat, a dog and an African Pygmy Hedgehog called Aroura!
- What job did you want to do when you were little?
I wanted to be a policeman.
- What was your first car?
My first car was a Citroen 2cv!
- Where are you most likely to be found outside of work?
I really enjoy going to the gym.
- How do you take your brew?
Milky but strong – leave the tea bag in for a while. Definitely not like dish water!
- What was your first job?
I was actually a key cutter in a shoe repair kiosk when I was 16, before joining the Army at 17. I served for ten years as a Lance Corporal and served in the first Gulf War, spending the majority of my time in Germany.