Information and contact details
https://www.highstream.co.uk (the Website) is a website operated by Highstream Solutions Ltd (Highstream). Highstream is a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10587078 and its registered office address is Building 2, Smithy Farm Chapel Lane, Bruera, Chester, Cheshire CH3 6EW .
To contact Highstream, please email email@example.com , or call 01244 952 500 .
Highstream is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Highstream is the controller of and is responsible for your personal data.
Questions and complaints
Please note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, Highstream would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with any questions or complaints that you might have regarding the handling of your personal data in the first instance and in such circumstances you may email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information collected about you
Highstream will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give to Highstream. This is information about you that you give Highstream by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with Highstream by email or otherwise. The information you provide Highstream may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
Uses of information collected about you
Highstream uses information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to Highstream. Highstream will use this information:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information Highstream collects about you. Highstream will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of Highstream efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
Disclosure of information collected about you
You agree that Highstream has the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of its group from time to time. This means your personal information may be shared with any subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and/or such holding companies own subsidiaries (in each case as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
• Selected third parties, including:
- business partners;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Highstream in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
Highstream will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Highstream is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage of information collected about you
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Highstream will use its reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, and therefore any such transmission is at your own risk. Once Highstream has received your information, it will use adequate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of information
Highstream will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes Highstream collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Highstream considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which Highstream processes your personal data and whether Highstream can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data Highstream holds about you and to check that Highstream is lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that Highstream holds about you.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask Highstream to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for Highstream continuing to process it.
• Object to processing of your personal data where Highstream is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Highstream is processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Highstream may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask Highstream to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want Highstream to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where Highstream use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Highstream to erase it;
- (c) where you need Highstream to hold the data even if it no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to Highstream’s use of your data but it needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
• Withdraw consent at any time where Highstream is relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Highstream may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Highstream will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Highstream’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that Highstream does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing personal data
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or exercise any of the other rights in relation to your personal data set out above). However, Highstream may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, Highstream may refuse to comply with your requests in these circumstances.
Highstream may need to request specific information from you to help it confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. Highstream may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up the response.
Highstream tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, Highstream will notify you and keep you updated.
Details of cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that Highstream stores on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Highstream uses the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website.
• Functionality cookies. These are cookies that are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables Highstream to personalise the Website content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies Highstream uses and the purposes for which they are used in the table below:
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate||1 minute|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users||24 hours|
Third party cookies
The use of such advertising cookies enables third parties to serve ads to you based on your visit to the Website and other third party websites.
You may opt out of personalised third party advertising by using the hyperlinks set out in the “managing and turning off cookies” section below. However, for more information about third party cookies and how to manage and disable them, please visit AboutAds.
Managing and turning off cookies
You can manage the cookies stored on your computer, or turn them off completely, through your website browser settings. However, please be aware that deactivating cookies may affect your browsing experience or even prevent you from using the Website.
Modern website browsers allow you to change your cookie settings to give you control over whether or not cookies can be set. For more information, please visit the applicable help section for the website browser that you use.
This document was lasted updated on 30/04/2019. Highstream Solutions Ltd © 2019.